The ADEXUSDx® COVID-19 Test is an in vitro lateral-flow immunoassay intended for qualitative detection of total antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in human venous whole blood (dipotassium EDTA) and plasma (dipotassium EDTA), serum, and fingerstick whole blood.
The ADEXUSDx® COVID-19 Test is intended for use as an aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating recent or prior infection. At this time, it is unknown for how long antibodies persist following infection and if the presence of antibodies conders protective immunity. The ADEXUSDx® COVID-19 Test should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. Learn more >
Available in quantity of:
- Box of 25
- Box of 50
- Box of 25 w/ Lancets
- Box of 50 w/ Lancets
The ADEXUSDx® COVID-19 Test is an in vitro lateral flow immunoassay intended for qualitative detection of total antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 in human whole blood or plasma (EDTA), and serum. The ADEXUSDx® COVID-19 Test is intended for use as an aid in identifying individuals with an adaptive immune response to SARS-CoV-2, indicating recent or prior infection. At this time, it is unknown for how long antibodies persist following infection and if the presence of antibodies confers protective immunity.
|Time to Result||15 minutes|
|Result Window||Read before 30 minutes|
|Storage Conditions||Room temperature storage or 15°C – 30°C (59°F -86°F)|
|Operating Temperature||Room temperature storage or 15°C – 30°C (59°F -86°F)|
|Test Shelf Life||18 months*|
|Sample Type(s)||Human whole blood or plasma (EDTA) and serum|
*Accelerated stability; real-time stability of 11 months as of 05/25/2021
- No buffers or external reagents needed
- No lab equipment
- No in demand ancillary items
- No refrigeration
- Highly sensitive and specific
- Detects total antibodies (IgG, IgM, and IgA)
- Used to identify adaptive immune response (indicating recent or prior infection)
HOW ACCURATE IS THE TEST?
We have exceeded the minimum sensitivity and specificity required by the FDA for Emergency Use Authorization. Please reference our Product Insert for details. Through ongoing studies and trials, we are continuing our mission to further validate the accuracy of our test.
WHERE CAN I USE THE TESTS?
Test of venous whole blood (dipotassium EDTA), plasma (dipotassium EDTA), and serum specimens is limited to laboratories certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), 42 U.S.C. 263a, that meet requirements to perform moderate or high complexity tests.
Testing of fingerstick whole blood specimens is limited to laboratories certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), 42 U.S.C. §263a, that meet the requirements to perform high, moderate of Waiver, Certificate of Compliance, or Certificate of Accreditation.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE TESTED?
Antibody or Serology tests search for and detect antibodies found in your blood to assess if you have been previously infected with the virus that causes COVID-19.
- An antibody is a protein found in the blood that is produced as a response to counteract and defend the body against a specific type of antigen.
- Antibodies are produced by your immune system immediately after you have been infected with the virus or have received a vaccination.
- Antibodies activate distinct systems in the body to destroy foreign bacteria or viruses, which can help to fight off infections and protect you from getting that disease again.
- The length of protection from antibodies varies for each person and disease.
Antibody tests are not to be used to establish a current COVID-19 virus infection, except in the instance viral testing was deferred. Antibodies can take 1-3 weeks after the infection to be produced and may not display if you are currently infected.
WHY ARE YOU DETECTING TOTAL ANTIBODIES? WHY NOT IGG, IGM SEPARATELY?
Current research into the antibody response in COVID-19 patients has indicated that the classical antibody pattern of IgM first then IgG later is not followed. There has been evidence of IgG antibodies first, concurrent development of IgG and IgM antibodies, as well as IgM antibodies first. There is no established clinical utility for distinguishing between IgG and IgM antibodies. Our test is strategically designed to detect total immunoglobulin (IgG + IgM + IgA) in an effort to maximize test sensitivity for identifying people who have been infected with COVID-19.
HOW IS OUR TEST DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ANTIBODY TESTS?
There are many differentiators:
- Unlike other rapid tests on the market, our test was developed and is manufactured in the United States.
- Unlike many rapid tests on the market, our test is a total antibody test designed to detect all human immunoglobulins, including IgG, IgM, and IgA, which may indicate recent or prior exposure to SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).
- Due to our patented technology, our test is highly sensitive and specific.
- No transport media, buffers, or in-demand ancillary items are needed.
- Unlike other tests that require expensive lab equipment and specialized training personnel, our test can be administered in-field.
IS A LAB ANALYZER OR READER REQUIRED TO RUN THE TEST?
No. Our test does NOT require a lab analyzer or a ready or any other technology. Results are qualitative and read visually.
HOW QUICKLY DOES THE TEST PROVIDE RESULTS?
Our test provides results within 15 minutes.
IS THIS TECHNOLOGY FDA APPROVED?
This product has not been FDA cleared or approved but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories.
This product has been authorized only for detecting the presence of total antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.
The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the diagnostic for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. §360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or authorization is revoked sooner.
WHERE IS THE TEST MADE?
The test was developed and is manufactured in Springdale, Arkansas by NOWDiagnostics, Inc ®
WHAT SAMPLE TYPES ARE APPROVED FOR USE WITH THE TEST?
Approved sample types include human venous whole blood (dipotassium EDTA) and plasma (dipotassium EDTA), serum, and fingerstick whole blood.
HOW DO I ORDER THE TEST?
You can place an order here.